Terms & Conditions
The content on this website is for information purposes only and is not a substitute for qualified veterinary advice. Worm Counts For Dogs makes no representations or warranties (express or implied) and as such does not accept any liability arising out of reliance on the materials on this web site.
Worm Counts For Dogs always recommends that you obtain specific professional veterinary advice in connection with any concern you may have about your pet's health or wellbeing.
This website may contain links or references to third party materials and web sites. Worm Counts For Dogs takes no responsibility for the content of external web sites that might link from or to this web site.
Our Site refers to Worm Counts for Dogs.
The Laboratory refers to Feclab.
The Client (or "you") refers to, initially, the purchaser of the collection kit, up until the point that the sample and completed laboratory request form are received by the Laboratory. From this point the Client refers to the person submitting the sample with their details on the laboratory request form. In the case of invoiced customers, the Client refers to the organisation or individual by whom the Laboratory is engaged to undertake testing/screening on their behalf.
Using the Faecal Screening Facility
- The Client is responsible for informing Worm Counts for Dogs of the full and correct postal address to send the collection kits(s) to at the point of order. In the event that an error is made by the Client, a replacement collection kit may be dispatched by Worm Counts for Dogs at their discretion upon payment of postage for the replacement kit paid by the Client.
- Worm Counts for Dogs undertakes to dispatch orders received for collection kits before 4pm, on the same working day that the Client’s order is received. Orders received after 4pm will be dispatched on the following working day. In the event that a collection kit becomes lost in transit to the Client, Worm Counts for Dogs will issue and dispatch a replacement collection kit to the Client at Worm Counts for Dog’s expense.
Unless otherwise stated on Worm Counts for Dog’s website at the time of order, replacement collection kits issued can only be dispatched after ten working days have elapsed from the date of original dispatch. Replacement collection kit(s) will be dispatched to the same address as originally provided by the Client at the time the order was placed unless informed of a different address at the time the replacement is agreed.
- To enable the Laboratory to accurately conduct faecal testing and/or screening, the sample must arrive in the best condition possible. The Laboratory contract to provide suitable collection kits and instruction/information material to assist the Client to provide a viable sample from their animal. The Client must follow the instructions completely. Failure to comply with the instructions may compromise the viability of the sample and therefore impact upon the results of the screen.
- The Client shall be responsible for ensuring the legibility and accuracy of any Laboratory or Worm Counts for Dogs request form that is submitted. The laboratory will test the sample exactly in accordance with the information provided on the laboratory request form.
- The Client must provide a sample that has been passed by the animal to be tested and which is identified on the laboratory request form accompanying the sample. The sample must be collected, stored (where applicable), packaged and posted exactly in accordance with the instructions supplied.
- Each screen (with the exception of the Pooled Puppy Litter Worm Count Kit for puppies under 4 weeks of age) is designed for one animal and it is not permissible to pool faecal material from multiple animals. If the Client elects to pool test a puppy litter under 4 weeks of age the Client must use the Pooled Puppy Litter Worm Count Kit, although the results may not be representative of every animal.
- The sample bags must be double-bagged as per the instructions of Royal Mail, using the bags supplied with each kit and posted to the lab using the first class prepaid FREEPOST envelope provided in the kit.
- The sample must be sent first class in order for it to arrive in a viable condition for screening. Failure to do this may mean that a false negative result is produced, for which the Laboratory cannot accept liability.
- When the samples are packed in complete accordance with the instructions, using the items supplied in the collection kit, the packaging complies with Post Office regulations and packaging standards.
- Results will be issued via email, or via post if requested on the request form included in the kit. It is possible that some email providers may direct the results email into a spam, junk, deleted or similar sub folder. It is the Client’s responsibility to check all of their folders.
Faecal Worm Egg and Larva Screening and Giardia Screening
- Industry standard screening methods are employed by the laboratory. Faecal worm egg screens, larvae counts and giardia antigen screening are not, and can never be, a definitive reporting method. Every reasonable effort is made by the laboratory to ensure the accuracy and uniformity of screening methods. The result must be read as a snapshot of the content of the sample at the time it arrives in the laboratory and is only an indication of the worm burden of the animal.
- Transit temperature variations and transit time can affect the viability of the sample and of some parasites. The laboratory therefore recommends regular screening to enable the results to be read as a trend, rather than in isolation.
- For lungworm screens, a sample must be provided from three consecutive days. This must be strictly adhered to and the sample should be posted on the third day by first class post. It is essential that lungworm screen samples are stored above refrigeration temperature i.e. above 5 degrees Celsius.
- Whilst it is not always possible to determine a sample’s storage history and therefore its viability, should a sample be deemed to be not viable on arrival in the laboratory, The Client will be contacted to provide a new sample. This may be provided in The Client’s own packaging or a new sample collection kit sent fromThe Laboratory.
- The Laboratory will commence the screening process for the sample on the working day it arrives in the Laboratory and will transmit the result to you on the same day that the screen is completed.
- Lungworm screening is an overnight procedure so these test results will be transmitted on the working day after the sample arrives in the laboratory.
- It is the Client’s responsibility to evaluate (or take professional advice on) the accuracy and completeness of all results, information, statements, opinions and other material transmitted following the screening.
- Advice and recommendation on further action or treatment within the legal remit of the Laboratory may be offered by the Laboratory if required. In every case where the health of the animal is in doubt, whether by positive or negative screen results from the laboratory, The Client must consult their vet immediately.
- The Client agrees to indemnify, release and hold Worm Counts for Dogs and Feclab harmless as well as our officers, directors, agents, representatives and employees from any claim, liability, loss, expense or demand, including legal fees, related to any result(s) reached from testing the sample The Client sends to The Laboratory. The extent of Worm Counts for Dogs liability is limited to the cost of the test.
- The Client accepts and is bound by these Terms and Conditions as well as the separate Returns Policy by submitting a request, order or sample to The Laboratory.
- For Worm Counts for Dogs the giardia screen is for dogs or cats only. Giardia Screens have a strict ‘use by’ date, but The Client will have at least 4 calendar weeks (from date of order) within which to complete the test.
- The purpose of the website is to inform customers of the use of worm counting as part of a parasite control process and to facilitate purchase of faecal collection kits to be submitted to Feclab for screening.
- Every effort is made to ensure the accuracy of the information which is provided in good faith. No guarantee is made or implied that the information is accurate, complete or current.
- Worm Counts for Dogs cannot and does not warrant or guarantee that the website will be accessible at any given time. In no event shall Worm Counts for Dogs be liable to any other person or entity under any circumstances – including negligence – for any damage or loss of any kind arising from accessing the website.
- Any typing, clerical or other error or omission in any catalogue, sales literature, price list, dispatch note, invoice or results documentation or any information issued by Worm Counts for Dogs (in whatever form and on whatever media) shall be subject to correction without liability on the part of Worm Counts for Dogs.
- Worm Counts for Dogs owns all of the intellectual property rights relating to the website. All content provided is copyrighted to Worm Counts for Dogs and no reproduction of any of the material contained within the website which has been produced by Worm Counts for Dogs is permitted without express, written permission from Worm Counts for Dogs.
- All prices stated in any of Worm Counts for Dog’s social media, retail outlets, newsletter or other documentation, including the Website, (issued by the company from time to time in whatever form and on whatever media) may be altered by us at any time without prior notice.
- All direct purchases shall be made either through the website or via telephone order.
- For invoiced customers, The Client shall pay all invoices on receipt of invoice.
- The Client accepts and is bound by these terms and conditions by accessing the Worm Counts for Dog’s website, purchasing a kit, or submitting a request.
- The Client accepts and is bound by these terms and conditions by submitting a request, order or sample to The Laboratory:
Worm Counts for Dogs
PO Box 6945
We will acknowledge your complaint during the working day on the day we receive it and will try to resolve the problem immediately or in any case within 5 working days. You will always be kept informed of the progress of your complaint.
Making a purchase
Making a purchase could not be easier. Just click on any items that you wish to buy and put them into the shopping cart. After you have finished your selection click on ‘Checkout’ and you will be asked for a few details that we need to be able to satisfy the order.
We accept all major credit cards, which we process through PayPal. Your card details are encrypted and sent via a secure server. When going through the checkout process, you will get a summary of your items plus any delivery fees before you are asked to submit your details.
We use Thawte SSL security on this website for collecting your payment details. It is a system we are happy to use ourselves.
We guarantee your satisfaction. If you ever have any cause for complaint, then please contact us straight away. Your statutory rights are not affected.
We want you to be 100% satisfied with your experience at Worm Counts for Dogs. If you aren’t happy with something you purchased, please return it.
If you are returning goods because they are faulty or because of an error on our part we will gladly give you a complete refund. However, if the product is what you ordered you will be liable for cost of return postage.
Full details of our returns policy can be found here.
Orders not collected
All our mail is sent via the Post Office and is untracked unless you've placed a large order in which case we send it out on Special Delivery and will require a signature. If a delivery cannot be left with you it will be returned to the depot, a card left and you will be able to make arrangements for redelivery. If the parcel is returned to Worm Counts for Dogs because it wasn't collected and you wish you have the order resent, we will charge postage in this case. If you choose not to have the order redelivered we will issue you a refund for your order minus postage charges.
If your package arrives damaged please report it to us within 24 hours. If you decide that the product was a mistake on your part the item’s postage must be paid by you to return it.
GET PROOF OF POSTAGE
Please obtain proof of postage at the time you buy it and return the package to us. If the package gets lost and doesn't arrive back with us we cannot issue a refund of the order of the postage.